Since 1972, Cleveland Magazine has told the story of Northeast Ohio to a legion of passionate Clevelanders. Covering Things to Do, Arts & Entertainment, Food & Drink, Home & Style and Current Events, the magazine’s bread and butter is service journalism, personality profiles and feature storytelling. While the publication started as a monthly print magazine, readers now enjoy daily content via email newsletters and social media. These digital properties carry the torch of the still-running, thick-as-ever, award-winning print magazine.
Now, it’s time for you to leave your mark. We’re searching for a professional with a reverence for the magazine’s legacy but who understanders the ever-changing modern media landscape. Even more than that, we’re looking for someone with an opinion about where it’s going.
The ideal candidate would be adept at building content calendars, scheduling social media posts, managing email newsletters and creating web content, such as social media posts, short-form videos and written articles. In addition to being comfortable on camera and covering live events, this person would be an idea machine, constantly bringing fresh takes and new stories to the table.
For nearly 50 years, Cleveland Magazine has been a training ground for award-winning writers, editors and reporters. If your goal is to continue that legacy, we’d love to hear from you.
Managing Cleveland Magazine’s web presence and digital content calendars. Managing the magazine’s social media pages. Writing, editing, fact checking and assigning stories for the website. Collaborating with the art department regarding visual content.
- A degree in journalism, communications, English, digital media or a related field is preferred.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- A deep understanding of digital media and social media.
- The ability to take photos and videos with a smartphone.
- Must excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to handle several projects simultaneously.
- Solid grounding in journalism ethics and values.
- Knowledge of AP style.
- Strong copy-editing skills is a plus.
- Experience managing email newsletters is a plus.
- 3 clips that show skill at writing
- 3 examples of social media content
Send cover letter with your desired salary range along with resume and work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Associate Editor” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted.