Department: Art/Design | Updated: November 02, 2019
Do you love travel and photography?
We want to meet you!
Ohio Magazine Custom Media is currently interviewing for a photography intern for fall 2019. The ideal candidate should be entering his/her junior or senior year of school. This position will have the opportunity to gain experience in the publication industry, work closely with editors and designers on many travel publications and receive college credit by completing photo assignments for publication. This is an unpaid, part-time internship, however, we reimburse for parking/bus pass and mileage. Scheduling and hours are flexible. The intern must have reliable transportation. This position covers all areas of Ohio, and will work with the right candidate to plan photo trips to areas including but not limited to: Hocking Hills, Dayton, Toledo and more. The internship, even though it includes actual operation of the facilities of Ohio Magazine, is similar to training which would be given in an educational environment
- Assist with photo assignments given by department members—on site and in studio
- Schedule photo shoots and assist Staff that work with clients as needed
- Retouch and color correct images
- Photo research
- Archive files and artwork
- College student working towards a degree in photography or equivalent field
- Knowledge of digital photography and retouching a must
- Must own a working professional quality camera (GLP has a company camera available as necessary for the right candidate)
- Knowledge of MacOS, Adobe, Microsoft Office applications
- Must have a reliable form of transportation
- Must take direction and assert ideas quickly
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail necessary in order to handle a number of projects simultaneously
- Must work well in a deadline driven environment
- Design and Web skills a major plus
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and a low-resolution portfolio either by mail or electronically to Jessa Schneider, Associate Art Director at email@example.com. Online portfolios are also acceptable. Any submissions without all three criteria will not be considered. No phone calls, please.