Are you a Champion for Cleveland? Do you enjoy helping people grow their business? Are you driven by producing great work and developing great relationships? If so, Cleveland Magazine and Cleveland Scene may have an opportunity for you. We are looking for an Account Manager to join our sales team. The right candidate is someone who thrives on growth for themself, their team, and their clients. They must love Cleveland and enjoy cultivating long-standing business relationships here. They must be creative and excited to bring new ideas and products to market. They must be a good listener and savvy marketer to help tailor the right solution to each client’s needs.
Our current product mix includes print advertising, digital advertising on our owned media and programmatic networks, video production, website development and custom publishing. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, creative, motivated, organized and possess the skills necessary to communicate and work well with our staff and our clients.
• Prospect for advertising and contract marketing services
• Manage long-standing advertising client relationships
• Attend industry events and network
• Attend marketing and sales training
• Provide marketing consulting to help advertising clients achieve their business goals
• Write proposals and negotiate contracts.
• Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent from four-year college or technical school; (Degree preference in business,
communication, advertising, marketing or related field)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Must be goal-oriented
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to handle a number of projects simultaneously
• Work well in a deadline-driven environment
• Willing to travel locally
• Have the ability to do all of this and still have fun
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: HR@glpublishing.com
Great Lakes Publishing Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.